Drinking is an important part of the diet. However, it is important to keep in mind many drinks contain extra kilojoules.
Tips for drinks:
- Make water your drink of choice
- Drink more water during hot weather and when exercising
- Whole fruit is a better choice than juice as it is higher in fibre and more filling. It takes six oranges to make just one glass of juice
- Remember, all alcoholic drinks add energy (kilojoules) to the diet. Try low or reduced alcohol drinks for a healthier choice
- Drink alcohol in moderation which means no more than two standard drinks in a day for both men and women and try to have one to two alcohol free days a week
- Drink water between alcoholic drinks to prevent dehydration.